Biodanza aims to redeem the intrinsic value of existence, expressed in the uniqueness of every moment lived.
For Rolando Toro there is the possibility for the human being to live better, intensely, and to be happy because "happiness, paradise, is nothing more than a form of greater sensitivity before life."
The search for self in Biodanza is accomplished through a deep awareness of life that is in oneself, in the other and in nature.
There are no solutions to the mysteries that permeate human existence, but the possibility of sharing them in love.
Some of the essential purposes of Biodanza are:
- Encouraging affectivity in the human being, such as tenderness, love, friendship, solidarity, empathy to develop good respectful and authentic human relationships
- Awakening 'the musical man' as he potentially possesses all the harmonies and resonances of the universe (according to the poet Novalis)
- Orientation towards feeling life rather than thinking about it
- To feel that we are not isolated beings and that we participate in the unifying movement of the cosmos
- Feeling an intimate bond with nature and with others
- Bringing more happiness into everyday life and increasing self-esteem
- Having easy access to the joy of living and the joy of loving